- Hackers on Planet Earth, in the cloud: HOPE will not be cancelled.
- Climate and machine learning: Machine learning is roasting the planet.
- Seeking Fitbit owners' stories: Help EFF explain why the Google takeover is wrong.
- Software secrecy: Code is (bad) law.
- Grocer won't show employees results from mandatory temp-checks: Coronavirus theater, class war edition.
- Bill Clinton sings "Baby Got Back": Speech synthesis is just sublimely weird.
- Webinar on Controlled Digital Lending and the pandemic: Talking about the Internet Archive, this Friday.
- Google vows no custom AI for oil and gas: Reversing its 2018 position, which was garbage.
- Re-positive coronavirus cases are not infectious: Finally, we catch a break.
- Ifixit's medtech repair manual trove is full to bursting: Right to Repair, pandemic edition.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 20 May 2020"
- EU airspace is full of empty planes: Flight slots are use-em-or-lose-em.
- European Right to Repair for phones is finally on the horizon: Will the EU finally defy Apple?
- Patagonia offers tutorials and supplies to fix your clothes: Companies that guarantee their products for life have different incentives.
- This day in history: 2005, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 08 Mar 2020"