- Hackers on Planet Earth, in the cloud: HOPE will not be cancelled.
- Climate and machine learning: Machine learning is roasting the planet.
- Seeking Fitbit owners' stories: Help EFF explain why the Google takeover is wrong.
- Software secrecy: Code is (bad) law.
- Grocer won't show employees results from mandatory temp-checks: Coronavirus theater, class war edition.
- Bill Clinton sings "Baby Got Back": Speech synthesis is just sublimely weird.
- Webinar on Controlled Digital Lending and the pandemic: Talking about the Internet Archive, this Friday.
- Google vows no custom AI for oil and gas: Reversing its 2018 position, which was garbage.
- Re-positive coronavirus cases are not infectious: Finally, we catch a break.
- Ifixit's medtech repair manual trove is full to bursting: Right to Repair, pandemic edition.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 20 May 2020"
- Clearview AI's customer database leaks: Sic semper grifter.
- The Internet of Anal Things: Recreating Stelarc's "Amplified Body" with an IoT butt-plug.
- Oakland's vintage Space Burger/Giant Burger building needs a home! Adopt a googie today.
- Fan-made reproduction of the Tower of Terror: Even has a deepfaked Serling.
- Drawing the Simpsons with pure CSS: Impractical, but so impressive.
- Let's Encrypt issues its billionth cert: 89% of the web is now encrypted.
- AI Dungeon Master: A work in progress, for sure.
- How to lie with (coronavirus) maps: Lies, damned lies, and epidemiological data-visualizations.
- This day in history: 2019, 2015
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic, your daily link-dose: 28 Feb 2020"