- Announcing Story Club: A short story reading group, kicking off with me and Masque of the Red Death.
- Alex Jones's one-two punch: Conspiracy is a credulity-detection system.
- Andrew Cuomo is not your woke bae: Teen Vogue has a timely reminder.
- Cozy Catastrophes: Time to revisit Jo Walton's 2009 essay.
- California's missing medical stockpile: Balanced budgets vs 50m N95 respirators, 2400 portable ventilators, and 21,000 patient beds
- A better way to visualize exponential growth: What matters is the rate of new infections.
- Don't worry about groceries: They're safe, mostly.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 29 Mar 2020"
- Clearview AI's customer database leaks: Sic semper grifter.
- The Internet of Anal Things: Recreating Stelarc's "Amplified Body" with an IoT butt-plug.
- Oakland's vintage Space Burger/Giant Burger building needs a home! Adopt a googie today.
- Fan-made reproduction of the Tower of Terror: Even has a deepfaked Serling.
- Drawing the Simpsons with pure CSS: Impractical, but so impressive.
- Let's Encrypt issues its billionth cert: 89% of the web is now encrypted.
- AI Dungeon Master: A work in progress, for sure.
- How to lie with (coronavirus) maps: Lies, damned lies, and epidemiological data-visualizations.
- This day in history: 2019, 2015
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic, your daily link-dose: 28 Feb 2020"