- Gig workers around the globe: One disease, many pathologies.
- Mutual Aid and David Graeber: A new, illustrated edition of Kropotkin's masterpiece, with an introduction from the great, much-missed hero of Occupy.
- Facebook algorithm boosts pro-Facebook news: Orwell was an optimist.
- This day in history: 2006, 2011, 2016, 2020
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming/recent appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 22 Sep 2021"
- Plutocrats firehose money on primary challenger to AOC: Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, a former Reagan Republican who wants to dismantle Social Security and Medicare
- FCC will spend $9B to improve broadband…without an accurate broadband map: Reality's left-wing bias makes accurate data the enemy of conservativism.
- Buddhist monk covers western pop songs: He's like a male, solo version of Shonen Knife.
- Apple hunters recover ten "lost" varieties from forgotten farms: The Lost Apple Society needs help.
- Finding the Money: A fabulous new documentary on Modern Monetary Theory
- Evangelical pastor denied quarantine, now he wants your stimulus check: Tony Spell's death-cult has a business-model.
- Zombie movies teach us all the wrong lessons for pandemic: Not only would a zombie plague be easy to contain, but people don't turn into monsters during crises.
- Building a "web of books": What would a federated alternative to Goodreads look like?
- The Facebook Political Ad Collector: Exposing targeted advertising's fraud and conspiracy
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 16 Apr 2020"