- Solnit on the revelations of crisis: Pandemic speeds up processes that were too slow to notice.
- Nurse suspended for distributing crowdfunded PPE: Shame on Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- Cleveland Plain Dealer executed by union-busting owners: Firing health reporters during a pandemic.
- Monster-themed covid pinup PSAs: By Alejandra Oviedo.
- The Onion on Wisconsin's election: We need strategic Onion reserves for all our calamities.
- NSO Group says Facebook tried to buy its malware: NSO is worse than Facebook, but it's a close-run thing.
- How to pay for covid: Unearthing Keynes's "How to Pay for the War."
- Smart lock hemorrhages user data: And it broadcasts its unlock code over Bluetooth.
- TSA wanted to inspect 16 year old trans girl's genitals: Jon Corbett is on the case.
- Roger Fuckebythenavele vs Bannatyne Manuscript: Black Plague-era f-bomb eclipsed by 14th century frottage artist.
- Rube Goldberg feeding device: Now that's physical comedy.
- Public domain Zoom backgrounds: Fantastic backdrops for an absurd moment.
- This day in history: 2010, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 08 Apr 2020"
- Announcing the third Little Brother book, Attack Surface: And a new Little Brother/Homeland reissue, with an intro by Ed Snowden!
- Where I Write: A column for the CBC that's really about how I write.
- Stream 200+ global news channels: Each hand-picked, no registration required.
- AT&T's CEO fired 23,000 workers and gave himself a 10% raise: Life on the easiest setting.
- Chelsea Manning is free: But she's been fined $256K for refusing to testify to the Grand Jury.
- Rep Katie Porter forces CDC boss to commit to free testing: Literally the most effective questioner in Congress.
- Trump's unfitness in a plague: It's not because he's an ignoramus, it's because he's a nihilist.
- Malware that hides behind a realtime Covid-19 map: Peter Watts' prophecy comes true.
- Locked-down Siennese sing their city's hymn: A cause for hope in the dark.
- This day in history: 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 13 Mar 2020"