- A new Marcus Yallow/Little Brother story!: "Force Multiplier" is free if you pre-order Attack Surface, the third Little Brother book
- DRM and CHI: When the metaphor shear is deliberate.
- Talking with Toronto Public Library's Shelve Under podcast: Toronto is a hell of an sf town.
- The law is free: Carl Malamud wins big at the Supreme Court.
- "Absolutely faithful" Discworld TV adaptations: Will we finally get a decent Discworld video adaptation?
- Read the prologue of "The Lost Cause": My post-GND novel-in-progress
- Foreclosure vultures hold illegal auctions on courthouse steps: You say "investor," I say "profiteer."
- Hands-free door-handles: Ability is a spectrum.
- NYC will pedestrianize 40 miles of city streets: Hey I'm walkin' here.
- Citizen DJ: The Library of Congress wants to bring back the golden age of sampling.
- "Essential" workers will strike across America for May Day: Amazon, Instacart, Whole Foods, Walmart, Target, and FedEx.
- Synonyms vs machine learning: An adversarial example to defeat sentiment analyzers.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 28 Apr 2020"
- Announcing the third Little Brother book, Attack Surface: And a new Little Brother/Homeland reissue, with an intro by Ed Snowden!
- Where I Write: A column for the CBC that's really about how I write.
- Stream 200+ global news channels: Each hand-picked, no registration required.
- AT&T's CEO fired 23,000 workers and gave himself a 10% raise: Life on the easiest setting.
- Chelsea Manning is free: But she's been fined $256K for refusing to testify to the Grand Jury.
- Rep Katie Porter forces CDC boss to commit to free testing: Literally the most effective questioner in Congress.
- Trump's unfitness in a plague: It's not because he's an ignoramus, it's because he's a nihilist.
- Malware that hides behind a realtime Covid-19 map: Peter Watts' prophecy comes true.
- Locked-down Siennese sing their city's hymn: A cause for hope in the dark.
- This day in history: 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 13 Mar 2020"