- How to leak a Zoom meeting: Watermarks, tile randomization, and more.
- Pandemics and peak indifference: Squandering history's most expensive lessons.
- Planet Money's free Great Gatsby audiobook: The public domain in action.
- Honor MLK day with the Internet Archive: A fabulous, open access trove.
- Someone Comes to Town, Part 28: This week's podcast installment carries on my friendly dispute with Manuel Castells.
- Facebook's community standards: JWZ's 0-follower, 0-post FB account was suspended.
- This day in history: 2001, 2006, 2011, 2015, 2020
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming/recent appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 18 Jan 2021"
- The Fifth Pig: OG antifa agitprop.
- "Fuck the algorithm": English children force Tories to U-turn on algorithmic educational assessments.
- Mr Cook, Tear Down That Wall: Interop, Apple, Fortnite and the Berlin Wall.
- Deindustrialization is a market failure: Future crises are never priced into market transactions.
- Fed cops substitute dollars for warrants: Why talk to a judge when you can talk to a data-broker?
- Upbeat surveillance marketing: Hikvision's jolly medieval spy-tech.
- South Africa's copyright and human rights: Fair use, the Berne Convention, and Ramaphosa.
- This day in history: 2005, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 18 Aug 2020"