- Youtube is automatically blocking criticism of the Chinese Communist Party: Filternet error, working as intended.
- Facebook shelved research that showed they were sowing division: Sort by controversial.
- Hertz's bankruptcy was caused by private equity looting: It was debt, not pandemic.
- West Virginia's governor Jim Justice: billionaire, deadbeat: It's only theft if you're poor.
- Twitter's porn filters are dampening discussions of "cumgate": Dominic Cummings, unofficial mayor of Scunthorpe.
- Understanding Bayesian reasoning: Stats for self-defense.
- Ammosexuals point their guns at their crotches: Musketfuckers gonna musketfuck.
- How to pay artists while fighting censorship and Big Tech: The internet needs blanket licenses.
- The Toronto Star's new owners donated to far-right Tories: Canada's largest newspaper is now in the tank for plutes and white nationalists.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 27 May 2020"
- Daniel Pinkwater wrote a new novel! Yippee for "ADVENTURES OF A DWERGISH GIRL!"
- Warner Chappel discoved a new form of copyright fuckery so dense it blew a wormhole into another dimension: From the people who fraudulently claimed to own "Happy Birthday" for decades.
- RIP, Jim Tyre: The free internet just lost one of its most dedicated defenders.
- Decentralizing the web is a human problem: The web needs stewards, not owners.
- Right to Repair is the right to resilience: Independent repair is how we keep things going during emergencies.
- Keyless car fobs can be defeated with a cheap RFID cloner: Car manufacturers wontfix a showstopper bug. Again.
- Bookstores, libraries, human thriving and mental health: Books are great, even if the science behind their greatness is thin.
- Copyright experts' panel on fair use removed from Youtube: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
- Radicalized is out in paperback: Just hit every one of Canada's national bestseller lists, too!
- African Whatsapp modders are outcompeting Facebook: Adversarial Interoperability is how you beat digital colonialism.
- This day in history: 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 05 Mar 2020"