- Charter techs get $25 gift cards instead of hazard pay: No hand-san or PPE, either.
- The Pandemic Playbook: Trump won't rtfm.
- Boardgame Remix Kit: Make 26 new games out of Monopoly, Clue, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble sets.
- McMansion Hell visits 1972: "Architecture store? I'd like one of everything."
- Free Cheapass Games print-and-plays: KILL DOCTOR LUCKY, GIVE ME THE BRAIN, LORD OF THE FRIES, UNEXPLODED COW and so many more!
- Trump officials killed Walmart opioid prosecutions: With help from Jones Day.
- United gets $25B stimulus and announces layoffs: The biggest corporate giveaway in history.
- FLICC vs denialism: A taxonomy of scientific denial, just in time.
- This Waifu Does Not Exist: Autogenned anime characters, with backstories.
- Fever cameras are garbage: It's the pivot-to-covid for grifty police enablers.
- Employers scramble to buy remote-worker spyware: Even if you're paying for the product, you're the product.
- Canada Reads Q&A on Apr 23: Unfortunately, it's on Facebook.
- Cowboy Economist on covid stimulus: Congress doesn't spend taxes, it spends and then taxes.
- 88 Names podcast: Talking VR, AR and gold farming with Matt Ruff.
- This day in history: 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 28 Mar 2020"
- Russian Multiplication: turning hard multiplication into easy addition with binary.
- Cops' qualified immunity: so long as it's not identical to an established atrocity, it's fine.
- Bloomberg's Plan B: buying the DNC: I don't care who does the voting, so long as I get to do the nominating.
- Private equity looters underperform the S&P 500: Believing that you are accomplishing extraordinary things merely because you are paid extraordinary amounts is top-grade self-delusion.
- New podcast about the history of Gopher and adversarial interoperability: It's judo for network effects.
- This day in history: 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic, your daily link-dose: 25 Feb 2020"