- Wood-metal worry beads: Chris Bathgate's latest, "The Woody."
- Overly descriptive color palettes: Handpicked from the Colorschemez bot.
- American Prospect high-school essay contest: An antidote to the Ayn Rand Institute contest.
- Snowden's Box: The logistics of leaking are a mix of tradecraft and philosophy.
- Alteon cuts covid-fighters' pay: $20k paycuts for docs fighting covid-19.
- Tiktok Kremlinology: Systematically exploring Tiktok's algorithm.
- American employment exceptionalism: Why the US is losing jobs much faster than other countries.
- Solar as a beneficial fad: How good ideas spread.
- This day in history: 2015, 2010, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, upcoming appearances, current writing projects, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 01 Apr 2020"
- TSA boss doubles down on taking away health care from part-time screeners: They're touching your junk with diseased hands.
- Akil Augustine on Radicalized: My book's Canada Reads champion lays out the case for Radicalized.
- A former top Cigna exec rebuts Joe Biden's healthcare FUD: Wendell Potter is the prodigal corporate villain.
- Ars Technica's Covid-19 explainer is the best resource on the pandemic: Beth Mole has outdone herself.
- Boeing is even worse at financial engineering than they are at aircraft engineering: The $43B they incinerated through stock buybacks would sure come in handy about now.
- Senate Republicans kill emergency sick leave during pandemic: Sick leave is cheaper than pandemics, but pandemics generate cost-plus contracts for the donor class.
- The EU's new Right to Repair rules finally come for electronics: Snoods cocked at Apple and other US Big Tech monopolists.
- How to run a virtual classroom: Masterclass from the 14-year-old Stanford Online High School.
- This day in history: 2010, 2015, 2019
- Colophon: Recent publications, current writing projects, upcoming appearances, current reading
Continue reading "Pluralistic: 12 Mar 2020"