Content moderation is a security problem.
in·fo·sec (/ˈinfōˌsek/): information security
co·mo (/koh-moh/): content moderation
Content moderation is really, really hard.
- seek to set conversational norms, steering transgressors toward resources that help them better understand the local conversational rules;
- respond to complaints from users about uncivil, illegal, deceptive or threatening posts;
- flag or delete material that crosses some boundary (for example, deleting posts that dox other users, or flagging posts with content warning for adult material or other topics);
- elevate or feature material that is exemplary of community values;
- adjudicate disputes about impersonation, harassment and other misconduct.
This is by no means a complete list!
Continue reading "Como Is Infosec"